CALL FOR PAPERS
We're extremely happy to announce that the call for papers for BA: Swiftable 2019 is now open.
We encourage people of all ages, races, genders, and religions to submit proposals.
Our goal with this document is to ensure everyone that our process of selecting the talks is as clear as possible.
- The conference will be in Buenos Aires, on the 28th-29th of November.
- The scenario for all the talks will be the C3 auditorium.
- We're expecting to receive from 350-400 developers.
- There will be only one track.
- There are around 10 slots to apply for.
- We will be accepting a maximum of 200 submissions.
- Call for papers closes on the 1st of July.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for people that have the something to share, and are willing to be on stage and present it to the community.
Have in mind that this is a developer conference so we will accept presentations that add value to the audience. Talks that have a clear marketing or recruitment intention will be dismissed.
We would love to see anything related to:
- Practical ideas that developers can apply on a daily basis.
- Hot-topics related to the last WWDC announcements.
- The human side of software engineering (team dynamics, career paths, etc.).
- Technological advances related to iOS and MacOS.
The selection process
Talks must have a maximum length of 25 minutes. A team will go through the proposals and will decide to include and structure the conference agenda.
- Anonymize submissions, so we don’t unconsciously bias against anything related to the submitter.
- Rate each talk on a scale from 1 to 5.
- De-anonymize so we can bias against speaker details (based on our budget, we might opt for a local or at least closer-by. We would love to be able to have everyone, but since this is our first event, we're having some budgets limitations.
- Debate the remaining proposals to build an optimal schedule.
Note: We've personally invited a few speakers.
- All talks will be in English.
- Try to avoid hints of your identity in your elevator pitches. This helps us to make a good initial blind selection.
The perks we offer
- Travel to Buenos Aires covered.
- Ticket to the conference.
- Airport to the hotel covered.
- Stay in Buenos Aires covered in a fancy hotel near the venue.
- For locals outside of CABA, and for South-American speakers we cover 3 nights. For speakers from outside South-America, we cover 4 nights. If you want to stay longer, we can arrange things, just let us know. You will have to cover extra nights, though.
If your employer can cover your travel and hotel, we are happy to list them as an awesome company sponsor.
- You’ll be invited to our “speaker's event” before the conference.